Rainbow® Pelau Recipe using Rainbow products
- 1 3 1/2 lb chicken, cut into pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp of fresh green seasoning ( blend of shadow beni/garlic/pimento/chives)
- 1 hot pepper ( use as needed)
- 2 tbsps Rainbow® chicken seasoning salt
- 1 tbsp Rainbow® vinegar
- 1 tsp of cooking margarine (Golden Ray or French Maid)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps oil
- 2 tbsps Rainbow® sweet brown sugar
- 2 cups Rainbow® pigeon peas
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pumpkin
- 2 cups Rainbow® parboiled rice
- 1 cup Rainbow® coconut milk
- 2 cups water
Season chicken with garlic, Rainbow® chicken seasoning salt, onion, hot pepper, Rainbow® vinegar, 1 tsp salt and some fresh local green seasoning. Cover and let marinate.
Heat oil in a sauce pan, add Rainbow® sweet brown sugar , stir until caramelize. Once Rainbow® sweet brown sugar is foamy and dark brown, add marinated chicken pieces turning well to colour each piece. Stir in Rainbow® pigeon peas and pumpkin.
Lower heat and cook covered for about 10 minutes. Add Rainbow® parboiled rice and stir well. Add Rainbow® coconut milk and 2 cups of water. Let this simmer until cooked, stirring occasionally. Simmer time 20 to 30mins.
Adjust salt to taste and serve with your favourite green salad and slices of avocados..
30 Min Rainbow® Macaroni Pie
- 1 pack of 300g uncooked Rainbow® Macaroni Penne
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Rainbow® garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Rainbow® Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Rainbow® thyme
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup Rainbow® Evaporated Milk
- 1 egg
- 4 ounce Fonterra Cheddar New Zealand Cheddar Cheese grated
- 4 ounce mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon regular sea
- ½ teaspoon Rainbow® white pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh green seasoning ( blend of shadow beni, garlic,chive,pimento)
- Cook Rainbow® Macaroni according to package directions. Be sure to add a pinch of salt water before cooking.
- In a saucepan, sauté the garlic, thyme, add Rainbow® Cayenne Pepper. Stir for about 1 minute add 2 tablespoons butter. Add chopped onions and continue cooking for about 1 minute more. Stir in 1 table spoon of flour; keep stirring until blended. Gradually add Rainbow® Evaporated Milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until mixture thickens.
- Remove about ¼ cup of the sauce mix, add egg and slowly whisk, make egg does not curdle. Add the egg back into the pan and mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
- Stir in more than half of the cheese (leave the rest to sprinkle on top).
- Drain macaroni and add sauce to macaroni and stir until coated.
Rainbow® white pepper . Adjust 1 teaspoon of fresh green seasoning. Stir the batch until all is mixed well.
- Transfer to a greased 2-quart baking dish or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 -30 minutes or until heated through.
- If you would like super creamy add an extra 1/2 cup of whole milk.
30 min Rainbow Macaroni Meat Pie
- 1 can12-oz. Rainbow® corned Beef ( or Turkey or Chicken, finely shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 can8-oz. tomato sauce
- 1 cup Rainbow® Macaroni
- 1 cup shredded Fonterra New Zealand cheddar cheese
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3⁄4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp butter (melted)
-Cook Rainbow® macaroni in boiling water for about 10-minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
-Combine 1 egg, Rainbow® corned beef(turkey or chicken) chopped onion, mustard and 1/4 cup, tomato sauce. Set aside.
-Combine Rainbow® macaroni, ¾ cup cheese, the remaining tomato sauce and 1 egg.
Mix in Rainbow® corned beef ( turkey or chicken) mixture to macaroni mixture.
Put into a greased 1 1/2 QT casserole dish. Top with cheese Toss the bread crumbs with butter and sprinkle atop macaroni mixture.
Bake in 350° oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Sweet Rainbow Sawine Recipe
- 5 1/2 cups Rainbow® Evaporated milk
- 4 tbsp Rainbow granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp Rainbow® Condensed Milk
- 1 pk vermicelli of your choice (200g)
- 1 cinnamon stick (Rainbow® cinnamon sticks/ 1 tsp Rainbow ®ground spice)
- 1/4 cup Rainbow ® Dried Fruits
- Garnish: Rainbow ® Glazed Fruits
Preparation and Cooking Instructions:
Chop Rainbow ® Dried Fruits and set aside.
Place the vermicelli, a bit at a time, in a dry heavy skillet and parch until golden brown, then set aside.
Pour two cups of Rainbow ®Evaporated Milk into the pot/skillet,
Add 1 Rainbow ® cinnamon stick or 1tsp Rainbow ® ground spice and bring to boil slowly.
Add the 4 tbsp Rainbow ® Granulated Sugar and stir.
Add the parched vermicelli to the Rainbow® evaporated milk and allow to cook until tender.
Stir in remaining 3 ½ cups of Rainbow® evaporated milk, 1 cup at a time, when it gets too thick, while cooking.
Add chopped Rainbow® Dried Fruits as desired.
Add Rainbow® condensed milk or Rainbow® granulate sugar to attain desired taste/sweetness.
Garnish with Rainbow ® Dried Fruits, as desired.
Rainbow ® Sweet Sawine Cake Recipe
Prep Time (10mins) Cook Time (30mins) = 40mins
Servings : 6
- 7 oz. vermicelli
- 1 cup Rainbow® sweet brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cow Brand Ghee
- 1 (14 oz.) can Rainbow® Condensed Milk
- 3 cups Rainbow® Evaporated Milk (2 tins)
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons Rainbow® Raisins (or currants)
- 2 tablespoons chopped Rainbow® maraschino cherries
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds
- ½ teaspoon Rainbow® ground spice /cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 7 cardamom/elichi pods
- 1 (½-inch) piece ginger, freshly grated
- Melt Ghee in a large saucepan.
- Cook the noodles in the butter until slightly golden.
- Pour the evaporated milk, condensed milk and water.
- Bring back to a boil. Add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cardamom (remove pods after cooking), and bitter almond extract.
- Finally add all the fruits.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until ¾ of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir regularly during cooking so the milk does not stick to bottom of pan.
- Grease a mold and pour the preparation.
- Refrigerate for several hours until the cake is firm and you can cut slices.
Rainbow® 2 Ingredient / Homemade Ice Cream
- 2 cups (16oz/450ml ) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 14 ounces (1 Can/ 400ml) Rainbow® sweetened condensed milk cold
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract ( this helps keep ice-cream from freezing too hard and remains “scoopabale”)
- Place Rainbow ® Sweetened Condensed milk in the fridge to keep cold.
- Using a hand or stand mixer whisk whip cream( cold) on medium/high speed until soft peaks form.
- Turn off the machine and pour the cold condensed milk into the whipped cream.
- Turn the speed up to high and whisk until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks form. Turn off the machine and stir in vanilla extract.
Making Homemade Ice Cream Flavors
- Now you have your ice cream base you can add in your desired flavors and fixing. Generally, use two cups ice cream base and add mix ins to create your flavors.
- Once you finish creating your flavors, transfer your ice cream mixture to an airtight container and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight before eating.
- Keep stored in the freezer for up to 6 weeks.
Enjoy a Flavor Ideas:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream: Mix 1 cup cheesecake into 2 cups ice cream base and add strawberry puree
- Honeycomb Ice Cream: Mix ½ cup crushed Honeycomb into 2 cups ice cream base. Don’t add too much as it will make your ice cream soft but very yummy.
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream: Mix ⅔ cup crushed Oreo Cookies into 2 cups ice cream base
- Mango Ice Cream: Swirl ¼ cup mango puree into 2 cups ice cream base
- Rainbow Cake Ice Cream: Mix 1 cup frosted Rainbow multi coloured cake into 2 cups ice cream base
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream: Mix 1 cup frosted chocolate cake (or cupcake) into 2 cups ice cream base.